2016 NTC Annual Meeting October 16-18, Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV
You are hereNTC Directory ›
Arizona Tax Research Association
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-3208
PHILOSOPHY OF ORGANIZATION
As a 501(c)(4), ATRA’s fundamental belief is that every government expenditure is directly related to a tax. For over 65 years, ATRA’s goal of efficient statewide government and effective use of tax dollars through sound fiscal policy has served to minimize the tax burden for all Arizonans. Generally, taxpayers have neither the time nor the expertise to monitor Arizona’s complicated public finance system. ATRA’s professional staff plays a vital role as the taxpayer's watchdog.
- Arizona Property Tax Rates & Assessed Values
- Arizona Tax Digest
- Arizona Property Tax Burdens: A State by State Comparison
- Funding Arizona’s Public Schools: A Primer on Arizona School Finance
- A Taxpayer Perspective on Community College Budgets
- Primer on Arizona Property Taxes
The Arizona Tax Research Association NEWSLETTER is published monthly.
Sponsored and successfully lobbied for the following major tax
- Reduction in property taxes in Arizona in excess of $1 billion dollars since 1996.
- Reduction in the corporate income tax rate from 9% to 6.9%.
- Numerous reductions in business personal property taxes, including: exemption during construction work in progress; accelerated depreciation; exemption for first $56,000 in value.
- Required state and local governments to adhere to "Truth in Taxation" laws before increasing property taxes.
- A greatly expanded state taxpayers bill of rights. Arizona now has one of the strongest taxpayer’s bill of rights in the country.
- The successful effort to repeal Arizona’s tax increment financing laws.
- Uniformity of the sales tax exemptions for manufacturing and equipment for Arizona state and city governments.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT ATRA
"ATRA improves the effectiveness of our tax function by doing many of the things that we have trouble finding time for: reviewing all legislation and initiatives to identify key issues, attending committee hearings, reviewing local government budgets, participation on key committees, etc. ATRA is a ‘bulldog’ in its watchdog function to promote both cost effective government and fair tax policies in Arizona."
- Ray Aka, Manager of Taxes and Insurances, Freescale Semiconductor
"The Arizona Tax Research Association is the most valuable analyst of fiscal policy in the state."
- Robert Robb, Columnist, The Arizona Republic